Requesting a repeat prescription
How do I request my prescriptions once approved?
Planning your repeat prescription request
In order for the repeat prescription process to work effectively for you, you must be aware of the timescales involved from putting in a request, to your medication being ready for collection from the Pharmacy. There are several steps involved in the prescription approval process and turnaround times may vary based on how you submit your request.
While the Surgery aims to process your request in 3-5 working days, you should also factor in time required by the Pharmacy to process the approved request. There may also be other external factors outside of our control which affect the availability of your medication
For this reason, we strongly advise that you request your repeat prescription 14 days before your medication runs out.
Once approved for repeat prescriptions there are several ways to request them each time.
In person at the surgery
Your prescription request form (tear-off slip) should be posted into the prescription post box located at the front of the surgery. It is important to know that the post box is emptied once a day, first thing in the morning. For prescription requests posted after 7.30am, these will not be collected until the next working day. Once collected, the turnaround times for prescriptions to be processed is 3-5 working days.
You can post your request at any one of our three locations.
POUND HOUSE SURGERY
8 The Green
The easiest and fastest way to request repeat prescriptions.
You don’t need an account already set up, just visit the website and enter your details.
Try to be as clear as possible about each specific medication and the doses if you can. If you would like to be considered for eRD (electronic repeat dispensing) you should also state this in your request.
- Confirm you are a patient at the surgery.
- Select Medication Queries and Prescription Requests - and then select continue.
- In the text field, write your request including which medications you specifically require as on-going repeat prescriptions.
- You will need to enter your personal details on the next screen so that your records can be found and matched to you by the Surgery.
- Once received, your request will be reviewed and assessed.
- Your GP may request a call with you first before approving your request. You will receive notification by phone or text.
Order via an Mobile App
If you don’t already have the apps, you can download it from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android phone) on your phone or you can login on a computer using your internet browser
- Request an account from the Surgery to be able to access your records on Patient Access.
Order by post
You may send a stamped addressed envelope for the postal request. You should allow longer for these to be returned you.