Our Appointment System
All surgeries are by appointment only. To make an appointment for either surgery, please Use Klinik to add your appointment query or if this is not possible telephone 01628 530 997. Every effort will be made for you to be seen with minimal delay, although we cannot guarantee you will be able to see the doctor of your choice if you need an urgent appointment.
Routine consultations are for 10 minutes. If you feel you need to spend longer with the doctor or nurse, please inform the receptionist at the time of booking.
- If you are late you may be asked to make a new appointment.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so that another patient can be seen in your place.
Please note that as a courtesy to other patients, we reserve the right to reschedule your appointment if you arrive nine minutes or more late. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
When requesting an urgent appointment you will be offered a telephone consultation as an alternative. If you feel your problem may be addressed by speaking to a doctor on the telephone, please ask for a telephone consultation (you will be asked for a brief description of the problem).
Important Tips for Online Appointment Booking
- Medication reviews do NOT require a face-to-face appointment. Please book a telephone consultation.
- Some appointments are more appropriate for a nurse than a doctor. For example: pill checks, family planning, smear tests, vaccinations, and travel immunisations. If you are unsure if you require an appointment with a doctor or a nurse, please check with our receptionists.
- Non primary care appointments (for example: medical reports for insurance; fitness for sport; HGV/Taxi/Racing licenses; accident claims; or adoption) are considered non-NHS work and as such we are legally required to schedule them outside of normal sugery hours (they will also attract a fee). Therefore these appointments must be booked by reception.
Please note: if we see that an appointment has been booked inappropriately we may contact you to reschedule.
Private insurance medicals and medical examinations for other purposes require a 20-30 minute appointment. It is therefore helpful if you explain your needs to the receptionist when making such an appointment.