Covid-19 Vaccine Update
Vaccinations now started after careful organisation to ensure all vaccines are administered within the refrigeration timescales.
- Patients receiving a letter are directed to book through the central Government system calling 119. This offers vaccinations at the mega centres and pharmacy led clinics.
- GP practices are inviting patients via text messages (and phone calls where patients have no mobile number). If you have received a text invite from your GP practice and choose to have your vaccine elsewhere, please can use the cancel option in your text invite. This will help us focus on contacting people who have not made a booking.Medical records are updated from central NHS system regardless of where are vaccinated. This can take time as the vaccination centre processes the paperwork.
- We continue to monitor that all patients have received a vaccination.
- Patients in Group 5; 65-70 years will receive NHS letters inviting them for vaccination or you can now book online.
- BEWGMC and our network of practices will now start to invite Group 6; all individuals aged 16 to 64 years with underlying health conditions.
- A person’s covid group status has been determined by Public Health England not your GP. We are strictly following government group guidelines. To enable us to focus on running the vaccination programme we kindly ask that you don’t call the surgery unless absolutely necessary. We will contact you via text or phone call.
- If you are a carer, please ensure you complete a carer’s registration form available on our website.
A huge thank you to all our amazing volunteers and for all the generous food donations we have received. These are really appreciated and welcomed by all of us.
Adams Park HP12 4HJ is signposted with brown football/stadium signs.
From Handy Cross roundabout take A4010 (John Hall Way, signposted Aylesbury). Cross over three small roundabouts into New Road continuing down the hill to two mini roundabouts at the bottom. Turn sharp left at the first into Lane End Road and continue to the next mini roundabout at which turn right into Hillbottom Road. Adams Park is situated at the very end of the road. Marshalls will meet you at the gate and direct you to your parking slot.
Suspicious Calls and Texts
We are aware that some people are receiving suspicious calls and text messages offering the COVID-19 vaccination.
To protect yourself and your family members from fraud and criminals, remember the following points.
- The vaccine is only available on the NHS for free to people in priority groups, and the NHS will contact you when it is your turn. Anyone offering a paid-for vaccine is committing a crime.
- The NHS will never ask you to press a button on your keypad or send a text to confirm you want the vaccine, and never ask for payment or for your bank details.
- At the moment we are also not making house calls to deliver or discuss the vaccine. Anyone offering this now is committing a crime.
If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent
- Hang up
Fraud or Itenty Theft
If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud.
Published: Feb 17, 2021